A couple of weird people did weird things last week. I thought I'd post here instead of describing it to everybody through chat.
Encounter #1:
Location--Fry's Electronics
Creath and I were in an aisle and he was looking for a new set of earphones. The air conditioning was leaking like crazy from the ceiling and through the light fixtures, which we really thought couldn't be good. Anyhow, in the aisle next to us we heard a man loudly singing "I'll never fall in love agaiiiiinnnn...." And it went on, and on, and on. I sort of feel like he must have been making it up as he went along because it was so bad and cheesy. The longer he sang the more melodramatic he got. He ended with a bellowing grand finale, "I'llllllll neverrrrr falllll in looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooovvvvvvvvveeeee agaaaiiiiinnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn." I looked at Creath and started clapping, barely holding back giggles. He clapped too, and then the guys by us started clapping also. The mystery American Idol made a comment of "people are clapping?" as if he thought he was the only one that had heard him.
Encounter #2:
Location--In n Out Burger drive through
I went to In n Out Wednesday after work to get a burger before I went to wind ensemble rehearsal. They get backed up, so they will have an employee come outside and go window to window taking orders. I was looking out toward that person when I heard my passenger door open. My initial thought was "oh, Creath is here surprising me!" because that's the sort of things he does. Nope. I look over and it's a short Asian girl in her early to mid twenties, holding a book and a backpack and trying to move my cds off of the front seat. "She must be confused and think I'm her friend" I think. I looked at her and said "hi, what are you doing?" Then she told me "I want to buy you a hamburger!" Ummmm, what? By the way, my wallet is sitting on top of my purse right there in full view. I told her no thank you but then she got kind of pushing and said "no, just let me sit down. I just want to sit down." We argued back and forth like that a couple of times. Finally I said very firmly "you need to get out of my car now." She said okay and closed the door and walked into In n Out.
Why would somebody do that? She didn't even knock first or ask me to roll down the window. I think maybe she just didn't want to wait in line inside and wanted me to drive her in the drive through, or maybe she wanted to tell me about her religion and the drive through is a good place to trap a person within their car. Otherwise, she didn't look like the type of person to rob you but it's hard to tell these days. It was just too sketchy for me to go along with her.
Saturday, March 15, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Seeing people disconnected from reality is always a fascinating thing to see, usually in a disturbing way. Those people have all the same normal human reactions to the stresses of daily life, but, somehow, the cumulative effect of their lives create such strange responses. Possibly, they've even encountered traumatic situations.
Post a Comment