Saturday, January 24, 2009

Hollywood Bowl

One thing I miss about California is the Hollywood Bowl. I've gotten to go several times over the years to some really great concerts. I've seen John Williams conduct there multiple times, I saw Harry Connick, Jr., and Big Bad Voodoo Daddy. I've even played there before with the USC marching band for the closer of Tchaikovsky's 1812 overture.

One of my favorite bands is Belle and Sebastian. I have a bit of a crush on Stuart Murdoch, the singer and founder. He's plain adorable. I got to see them at the Hollywood Bowl with the Shins a few years ago and it was amazing. They were backed up by the Los Angeles Philharmonic so that made their sound just incredible. I hope to see them again someday and to take my boyfriend with me. I went to this concert the Thursday after we met, which happened to be the day before our first date. If I'd known him a week longer I'd have made this the date, but I was already going w/ my friend. Next time, though!



I also saw Nickel Creek at the Hollywood Bowl, backed up by the LA Philharmonic. It makes it that much more magical. This song in particular was amazing with the live orchestra. Unfortunately, there's no video of the performance, but enjoy the official music video of the Lighthouse's Tale:

1 comment:

Danielle said...

That Belle & Sebastian concert was amazing. I wish they would start playing again so I could go see them again (and you could take Creath!). It makes me sad that their tours section on the website hasn't been updated since 2006... good thing we saw them at one of their last big performances!

I know you like Nickel Creek. Do you like Jon Foreman? If you haven't checked him out, do. Also check out Fiction Family! Jon Foreman + your guy Sean Watkins. Good stuff.